My new record, QUILOMBO DO FUTURO is finished and I’m now in the process of getting it out into the world. For that, I’m asking for YOUR help!
I’ve started a Kickstarter project to raise funds to make this release possible. So far, the project is 50% funded, so we’re well on our way. There are many cool prizes for donations – the actual record, the remixes, DJ tools version and more.
We would love and appreciate your help and support in making this release happen.
More details about the project and see (and listen!) a video about the record here:
Please tell people about this – post it to facebook, pass this email along, tweet about it, post it on your blog, etc. Every little bit helps – especially YOUR participation! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask…..
THANK YOU, THANK YOU and THANK YOU again for taking the time to check this out!
This mix is a compilation of music that has profoundly inspired my new release “Quilombo do Futuro.” This music contains a wisdom and connection with the universe that I don’t find in electronic music (or at least very rarely). Not one of the songs was created using a computer. These beats will challenge your Ableton auto warp engine with their (beautiful) irregularity. The velocity sensitivity on these drums will absolutely defy your groove quantize extractor. These drums are triggered by human hands in real time. It’s analog and human. It’s coco, samba, samba recôncavo, sambareggae, capoeira angola, jongo and maculelê.
1. Canto II – Clementina De Jesus/Tia Doca/Geraldo Filme
2. Coco De Manoel – Mestre Salustiano
3. Coco Do Pneu – Cila Do Coco E Seus Pupilos
4. Godê Pavão – Samba de Coco Raízes de Arcoverde
5. Repente Alagoano – Beija Flor e Treme Terra
6. Field Recording (source unknown) of Samba de Roda do Recôncavo Bahiano (artists unknown)
7. Percussão – Boi Paz do Brasil da Sociedade Junina Turma de São João Batista
8. Maculelê – Capoeira Mestre Suassuna
9. Levanta A Saia Lá Vem a Maré – Mestre Morães
10. Samba Reggae – Samara Capoeira
11. Eu Não Sou o Primeiro – Olodum
12. O Mais Belo dos Belos – Ilê Ayê
13. Princesa Isabel – Luma & Só do Samba
14. Field Recording (source unknown) – Jongo do Quilombo São José, Rio de Janeiro
“El Critica (Maga Bo Remix)” – Petrona Martinez
I’ve just released a new remix for free download as a way of saying THANKS – “El Critica (Maga Bo Remix)” – Petrona Martinez. You can download it HERE. I only put it up yesterday and the downloads are almost gone. BUT, there are more downloads available HERE