Ok people we have teamed up with 2 of our favourites;
Six Degrees Records
to present to you:
THE GAUDI BAD BOY BASS REMIX CONTEST.
|Get this player from Fairtilizer!|
Do you fancy remixing this GREAT track by one of the European masters of DUB?
The winning remix will be released on the Gaudi Bad Boy Bass Remix EP alongside remixes by Liquid Stranger, Bandish Projekt and some other commissioned remixes.
Gaudi has been a leading name in Transnational Dub for a number of years now. He has “officially” remixed Bob Marley, Simple Minds, Fatboy Slim, Scissor Sisters, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, 1 Giant Leap, Lamb, Trilok Gurtu, Ojos de Brujo, Artful Dodger, The Orb, Zion train, Africa Bambaataa, Shpongle, among others…
Studio works with reggae legends such as Lee Scratch Perry, Horace Andy, Dennis Bovell, Michael Franti and “hip-hop pioneer” Grandmaster Flash, have further confirmed the talent of this fearless electronic producer.
With 11 solo albums to date (a 12th on the way), 250 music productions, 80 remixes, 3 Golden Discs and more than 100 compilations featuring his tracks, Gaudi has been pretty regularly present in the UK and USA iTunes Charts with his last 3 albums all gaining respectable chart postitions: “Bass, Sweat & Tears” (Interchill records) reached no.2 Europe & no.31 USA , “gaudi:testa-CONTINVVM” (Em:t records) no.3 Europe, “Re:sonate” (Fax Records) – done in collaboration with ‘ambient legend’ Pete Namlook – no.14 Europe and no.48 USA.
Gaudi’s last album “Dub Qawwali” not only earned him a nomination in the “World Music Awards 2008” but also high praise from listeners and music press around the globe. Dub Qawwali is a unique work which blends organic and digital dub stylings with original vocals of “Pakistan’s Premier Ambassador of Qawwali Music” Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.
The album was released by Six Degrees Records in 2007 marking the 10-year anniversary of Nusrat’s death; it reached no.2 in iTunes USA Chart, no.4 in the UK, no.1 on Amazon’s Electronic Music section.
Gaudi has now completed his 12th album ‘NO PRISONERS’ (feat. Michael Franti, Dub Gabriel, Elisa, Dr. Israel) and it is due to be released worldwide in March 2010 by Six Degrees Records.
It is from this latest album that the track “Bad Boy Bass” is taken.
1. Download the remix parts to Bad Boy Bass HERE. Remixes created using illegally obtained samples will be disqualified from the contest.
2. Remix the track into your chosen style. All genres are welcome.
3. Submit your remix to http://fairtilizer.com/users/SixDegrees/dropbox
4. All remixes must be submitted as high quality 320kbs MP3s.
4. Six Degrees will announce the winner on Tuesday, March 9th
5. Remixes using ‘uncleared’ samples will be disqualified. An ‘uncleared sample’ is a musical work, loop or sample that you do not own the copyright for (ie: you didn’t create it). You are free to use sounds that were created by you.
6. All remixes submitted for this contest become the legal property of Six Degrees Records. Your remix contest submission becomes the legal property of the record label hosting the competition as protection against the release of unauthorized remixes.
7. All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of this record, remix or remix parts is prohibited.
8. Your submission of a remix in this contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT REMIX: All entries must be received by March 2 in order to be eligible.
The winner will get their remix featured on the next Gaudi digital remix E.P.