“You are the Sound within the Sound, the voice within the voice. Inshallah.” – JEFF BUCKLEY on Nusrat.
A few years ago Gaudi was extremely fortunate to have been chosen to remix an absolute legend Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and an album was released on the Six Degrees label called “Dub Qawwali”.
Please do read all about it HERE on the Six Degrees website as it makes for a fascinating read.
Lest not also forget that MASSIVE ATTACK also remixed this incredible man with the MOST incredible voice.
Anyway you can pick up a brilliant free track from the Gaudi remix album Dub Qawwali below.
Plus we need to give you a reminder about a BRILLIANT REMIX CONTEST that is running at the moment, THE BAD BOY BASS remix contest.
If you missed it first time around, please track back HERE to the original feature.
Nevertheless here is a reminder:
THE GAUDI BAD BOY BASS REMIX CONTEST.
|Get this player from Fairtilizer!|
Do you fancy remixing this GREAT track by one of the European masters of DUB?
The winning remix will be released on the Gaudi Bad Boy Bass Remix EP alongside remixes by Liquid Stranger, Bandish Projekt and some other commissioned remixes.
Gaudi new 12th album ‘NO PRISONERS’ (feat. Michael Franti, Dub Gabriel, Elisa, Dr. Israel) and it is due to be released worldwide in March 2010 by Six Degrees Records. It is from this latest album that the track “Bad Boy Bass” is taken.
1. Download the remix parts to Bad Boy Bass HERE. Remixes created using illegally obtained samples will be disqualified from the contest.
2. Remix the track into your chosen style. All genres are welcome.
3. Submit your remix to http://fairtilizer.com/users/SixDegrees/dropbox
4. All remixes must be submitted as high quality 320kbs MP3s.
4. Six Degrees will announce the winner on Tuesday, March 9th
5. Remixes using ‘uncleared’ samples will be disqualified. An ‘uncleared sample’ is a musical work, loop or sample that you do not own the copyright for (ie: you didn’t create it). You are free to use sounds that were created by you.
6. All remixes submitted for this contest become the legal property of Six Degrees Records. Your remix contest submission becomes the legal property of the record label hosting the competition as protection against the release of unauthorized remixes.
7. All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of this record, remix or remix parts is prohibited.
8. Your submission of a remix in this contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT REMIX: All entries must be received by March 2 in order to be eligible.
The winner will get their remix featured on the next Gaudi digital remix E.P.