These Generation Chill posts that I started on this here blog reminded me that I started out as a Chill selector/DJ. So I wanted to put a soundtrack together that reflected “some” of my personal and most beloved collection of music that has seen me through so many years.
I was actually uploading an old mix from 2008 onto soundcloud when Soundcloud blocked it for the Czars track and so I thought that was a good omen and decided to use parts of that mix and update it with some other more recent and older overlooked stuff.
I tried uploading it again onto soundcloud following completion but it was still blocked! Well F**k them..ahahaha
Of course if I were to record it today, instead of last week or yesterday, I’d come up with a completely different selection of tracks that reflected my mood at that time.
So this soundtrack is a statement of the moment that I created it, cause that’s where my mood took me. So it is by no means, in any way at all, exhaustive or even definitive of my tastes. It’s just a reflection of that 3 hour+ moment I had one Sunday afternoon.
It’s not even really a mix as most of it is made up of me starting and stopping tracks a la David Mancuso stylee but without the handclaps 🙂
Instead of trying to transition, I just went with the flow. If I were to transition, I suspect that I would have come up with something entirely different!
It might not be easy to get into straight-away, but anyway, it’s what I like. You need to bear with it and be patient and it might be that you just have to be “in the mood” to listen to it.
However, I can assure you that at some point in your life, you “might” just get into this soundtrack!
I might do another one soon focusing on more electronically chilled tracks as this particular soundtrack is mainly organically chilled with a couple of more uptempo tracks. It takes in Acoustic, Downtempo, Classical, Jazz, Shoegaze, Folk, Indie and Rock.
This collection is NOT made up of Moombahton Beats, Not Dubstep Beats, Not Global Bass Beats, Not even Club Beats….
This collection is made up of <3 Beats……HEART BEATS!
- Song to the Siren – Czars
- Dreamland – Ten Thousand Islands
- Yes I Luv U – Shrift
- God Only Knows – Undersea Poem
- Tiny Doors – Hiatus & Shura
- Sometimes It Snows In April – Prince & The Revolution
- Indian Summer – The Doors
- Green Grass – Cibelle
- Moment – Bitter Sweet
- Balcony Scene – Craig Armstrong
- Broken Heart – Spiritualized
- Holes – Mercury Rev
- Mysteries of Love – Julee Cruise & Angelo Badalamenti
- Forbidden Colours – Sylvian & Sakamoto
- Cantabile – Vivaldi
- Rainbirds – Tom Waits
- Italian Concerto: Andante – Jacques Loussier Trio
- Don’t Explain – Nina Simone
- Between The Bars – Madeline Peyroux
- Lilac Wine – Jeff Buckley
- Fortune’s Fool – Hiatus & Shura
- First – Hiatus & Shura
- ? – Kevin Kirker
- 12:59 Lullaby – Bedouin Soundclash
- White Winter Hymnal – Fleet Foxes
- March – Shura
- You Will Be Loved Again – Cowboy Junkies
- Long Road – Eddie Vedder & Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
- Hurricane (Unplugged version) – Neil Young
- Our Hearts – Firehorse
- One – Johnny Cash
- Fade Into You – Mazzy Star
- Rolling Stone – The Weeknd
- Umbrella – Plain White T’s
- Follow Me Down – Skunk Anansie
- Campaigner – Neil Young
- Tangerine – Led Zeppelin
- Helplessness Blues – Fleet Foxes
- Beneath The Weeping Willow – Grandaddy
- Waiting for a Superman – Flaming Lips
- Solid Ground – ?
- Skinny Love (Owsey Remix) – Birdy
- Sleeping on the Roof – Flaming Lips
- 13 Angels standing guard ‘round the side of your bed – A Silver Mt. Zion
- Running Wild (Extended 14 minute version) – Tindersticks