Great forthcoming Transnational Bass release from Berlin’s DJ Delay.
Includes his remix from our Dolomites Remix EP “Queen of The Game”.
A must have!
In the 3 years since the 1st Brass Wires & Bass album, DJ Delay has played widely across Europe, and made a few tours in Canada, Australia and the US. Highlights along the way were the Fusion (DE), Glastonbury (UK) and Exit (RS) festivals. Now it’s only fitting that the works on this second collection of remixes travel beyond Eastern Europe to include the cream of global music groups & producers. Most of the tracks were well tested & celebrated during this time by audiences across the planet.
From his Berlin studio to the rest of the world, these 13 gems take in roots music from Hungary, France, Romania, Yemen, Russia, Italy & Indonesia. There’s plenty of bass, solid dubbing, dextrous sonic manipulation, and dancefloor attractors within. All done with care in Delay’s inimitable & playful style.
Anakronik Electro Orkestra’s “Terk In America” marries dub and ska beautifully with a bass heavy and upful version with surprising twists and turns, while Watcha Clan’s beautiful version of “Im Nin’Alu” gets a full percussive future dubstep workout. Right after, the Dolomites receive a driving 8 bit bounce for their wonderful accordion rich “Queen Of The Game”. In the Berlin corner Rotfront get new sinewave-ska boots for “Sigaretta” while Stefano Miele’s “Ninna Nanna” is dubbed into outer space. Jallabanda’s version of “Czardas” swings into a Turkish night club and the Skazka Orchestra received a total club reconstruction, adding helium filled vocals to their Russian children’s tune “More”. DJ Delay himself takes a Bavarian drinking tongue twister – transporting it to a Berlin after-hours tech house party. Ever heard of Balkan / Samba bateria? Uzgin Uver and Balkan Mashina get forceful percussive Brazillian future bass workouts with plenty of bounce. DJ Click’s Doctor is a little more subtel, receiving a dancehall steppers treatment – nicely slicing, dicing and dubbing Killo Killo’s vocals. There’s a gentle wind down towards the end of the album with the second Uzgin Uver selection lounging on the sofa in a dirtier Vienna-K&D style. Winding up proceedings with Filastine’s version of “Gendjer Gendjer” – with a politically charged history, exquisitely sung by Nova, we’re treated to an epic orchestral bass soundtrack rework – complete with full choir, string and percussion sections.
The tracks tell colourful tales, with arrangements full of surprises that make you smile. I love it when someone makes music with humour and has the ability to quote from several different genres with as much expertise as DJ Delay. It reminds me of children playing & of a well told joke – something which many of todays producers have lost the ability to do.“ [ dunkelbunt ] on Brass Wires & Bass 2, March 2013
Mastered by Pharma label maestro Jammin’ Unit and with elegant cover art by Penny Metal. This album is a comprehensive snapshot of up to the time global bass production with finesse.
For interview opportunities, hi-res images + more info, please get in touch using the details below.
1. Anakronic Electro Orkestra – Terk In America (DJ Delay Skadub)* previously unreleased
2. Watcha Clan – Im Nin ‘Alu (DJ Delay Remix) * Piranha records 2013 digital
3. Dolomites – Queen Of The Game (DJ Delay Bounce Mix) * GBEP00018 – new master
4. Rotfront – Sigaretta (DJ Delay Retread) * previously unreleased
5. Jallabanda – Czardas (DJ Delay Remix) * ESQ 1008 12” / digital
6. Skazka Orchestra – More (DJ Delay Remix) * UAP 022 digital
7. DJ Delay – Heimwandern * previously unreleased
8. Balkan Mashina – Gypsytronic (DJ Delay Sambatronic Mix) * previously unreleased
9. Uzgin Uver – Sepro (DJ Delay Perc Mix) * Narrator NRR 128 CD / digital
10. DJ Click & Killo Killo – Doctor (DJ Delay Remix) * No Fridge 2012 – new master & mix
11. Stefano Miele & Auli Kokko – Ninna Nanna (DJ Delay Dub) * previously unreleased
12. Uzgin Uver – Viola (DJ Delay Sofa Mix) * Narrator NRR 128 CD / digital
13. Filastine – Gendjer (DJ Delay Cinematic Mix) * previously unreleased
Out in digital stores on 29.04.2013.
Pre-order+listen now on Juno Download, Soul Seduction and more.
Itunes are always a little slower on the uptake……