Ever wondered what Moombahton would have sounded like in the 80’s?
Well, now you don’t have to wonder, you can actually hear how it did sound!
Except that, of course, the genre that has built its reputation on edits wasn’t actually around in the 80’s but is a more recent phenomenon that ocurred in late 2009.
That is the great thing about Moombahton though, it would have sounded great, even in the 80’s!
This awesome mix by DJ Chicus covers the whole spectrum of 80’s Moombahton edits and also includes some of my personal faves. Especially the Wham edit of “All She Wants”, which we stuck on our compilation Moombahluv 1 if anybody cares to remember.
Great mix, you need to check it out and play it at wedding anniversaries, birthday parties, new years eve or any kind of celebration you can make an excuse to have.
Download it here exclusively at Generation Bass, one of the world’s most interesting & unique Music Blogs:
1. All That She Wants (Is Another Moombahton Remix) – Ace of Base Baan Remix
2. Point Of No Return (Doc Adam Moombahton Remix) – Nu Shooz
3. Show me love Morrison s Moombahton Remix -Robin S
4. Ain’t Nobody ( Quality Moombahton Remix ) – Chaka Khan
5. I Cant Wait (LunyP_Moombahfunk_Edit) – Nu Shooz
6. The Pleasure Principle (Stinky Soul Moombahcore Mix) – Janet Jackson
7. Night & Day (AC’s moombahsoul mixdown) – AL B Sure
8. She Wants MoombahSoul (Thomas Blondet) – Wham
9. Life Is Moomba (Professor Angel) – Opus
10. Break My Stride (Doc Adam Moombahton Edit) – Matthew Wilder
11. Tumble For Ya (Doc Adam Moombahton Edit) – Culture Club
12. Moombah Hills Cop (Dj MeSs Moombahton Edit)
13. Gypsy Woman – Nick Decaza & Crystal Waters
14. Need You Tonight (Ma Yeah Moombahton Remix) – INXS
15. Thriller (Sabo Moombahton Remix) – Michael Jackson
16. Pure Energy (Chuck Lepley Moombahton remix) -Information Society
17. Cruel Summer (JonConstantine Moombahton Remix) – Bananarama
18. She’s Just – Pickster & Riot Earp
19. In Your Eyes (Moombahsoul Remix by Atlantic Connection) – Peter Gabriel
More about the DJ:
DJ Chicus bio:
Since arriving on the scene in the mid-90’s, Brooklyn based DJ Chicus has spun his broad and cutting edge sets around the world; throughout Europe, as far as Moscow, to frequent guest appearances in LA & San Francisco as well as a regular at Washington DC’s 18th St. Lounge.
Never content with settling on just one musical style, Chicus’ sets have consistently blended multiple genres, including heavy doses of disco and bass along with eclectic sounds from Africa, Jamaica and Brazil.
In 2001, he founded Redbud Records, releasing dub and reggae featuring some of Kingston’s most legendary musicians and singers including upcoming tracks from Junior Reid, Capleton, Sizzla, Horace Andy and many others.
Recently, Chicus joined forces with Tim Wagner of 33Hz to form the indie dance/disco/house label Dither Down Records. The label’s eclectic roster includes everybody from NY house heroes Walker And Royce, Eli Escobar and Lloydski to the afro electro rapper/sound artist Jogyo and indie pop princes The Soundmen among others.
Along with his genre-blending mash-ups including the recently dropped “Blurred Skydiving”, Chicus has recently garnered much buzz for his uniquely themed and well curated mix tapes. In 2010, his all vinyl Rootzstep Mix was named the best mix tape of the year by Zona Reggae and it was named as one of the best mixes on Generation Bass in 2012.