This is pretty cool, Italian Dub/Roots music. A mix full of it.
Italian duo, Insintesi, fuse reggae and ethnic influences in a futuristic dub and electronic dimension. it’s a meltin’ pot of old school reggae, dubstep, jungle, bass and roots music from Salento (South Italy).
Contains one of my favourite tracks “Rosapaeda – Ta Travudia (The Rootsman remix)” that first appeared on the early Shantel compilations, just love this track so much!
01) Insintesi ft Alessia Tondo – Pizzica di Aradeo
02) Stefano Miele ft Brunella Selo – Rirollallà
03) Rosapaeda – Ta Travudia (The Rootsman remix)
04) Raffaella Aprile – Fei? (Insintesi ska mix)
05) Raffaella Aprile – Fei? (Insintesi moombathon version)
06) Opa Cupa – Sotu sotu (Insintesi remix)
07) Insintesi ft Anna Cinzia Villani – Quannu camini dub
08) Treble – Il sutra del cuore pt.1 (Insintesi production)
09) Insintesi ft Raffaella Aprile & Papet j (MSS) – Santu Paulu de Marseille
10) Insintesi ft Miss Mykela & Maria Mazzotta (CGS)- Pizzicarella dub
11) Militant P – Fondamentale (Insintesi jungle version)
12) Gopher D – Ogne semana (Insintesi jungle version)
13) Sud Sound System – Lu Salentu brucia (Insintesi remix)
14) Lu Marra & FiloMusik – Mista Bossi
Insintesi project was born in Lecce (Salento) in 1998 after the blending of different musical and artistic experiences joined together by the same element: their love for dub, reggae, and jungle music. This duo in composed by two artists, Francesco Andriani de Vito (deejay and producer) and Alessandro Lorusso (instrumentalist and producer). Their music mixes urban dub sonorities with raggae melodies from Salento and Mediterranean world music. In 2010 they published Salento in Dub (Amina Mundi label). Being a very successful work, “Salento in Dub” is a “warped” and passionate image of the music played in Salento from traditional to reggae music in an electronic style.
In 2011 Fimmene in dub (2012 ed. anima mundi) is their last album where Insintesi keep on with the challenge started with their very successful “Salento in dub” (edited by Anima Mundi, in 2009, proposing another development of folk music from Salento in relation to research and innovation in electronic music. With “Fimmene in Dub” Insintesi continue their work on the same line, but concentrating the experimentation on traditional music by Salento and on female voice, particularly expressive in the most remote place in Apulia, where some singers (most of them sing in the album) succeed in performing very well a music which is still anchored to the past and they can also move it to modern artistic age. This work is also a collecting of great musicians who come from Salento and collaborate with Insintesi in this project. In this CD you can notice singers like Enza Pagliara, Anna Cinzia Villani, Maria Mazzotta (among the voices of the Orchesta of “Notte Della Taranta”), Raffaella Aprile, Miss Mykela and Papet Jali, Mc of the group Massilia Sound System. Before they published one ep for the “Universal Egg/Deep Root” Label, one of the most important dub record label in the world, owned by Zion Train (2011).